Sunday, April 15, 2012

FPV #2 - AXN Cloud FLY floater jet glider

After months of sucessful long distance FPV flight on 1.4m SKY SURFER @HK BIXLER its time to get low and get back where i should be with my flying buddies at our local field.  My dream was to fly tandem and parallel with my buddies like ace pilot with his wingmen chasing around the field like a combat dog fight scene.  I need to built an FPV plane that is smaller, agile, faster, capable of low pass flight and could catch up with my flying buddies and capture cool air to air dog chasing events.  My 1.4m SKY SURFER was too slow and sluggish for the task so i pull out my trusty 1.2m "AXN CLOUD FLY" floater jet/glide and turn it into my second FPV machine with similar FPV set up as my 1.4m wing.  Took me around 7 days to setup and two weeks of flight test before i could approve it as reliable FPV flyer for field chasing event.  2 weeks later it was all good, The 1.2m AXN CLOUD FLY pass the flying test and it was good to go for full fun fly operation at our local flying field. 
The plane was suitable for short distance circuit flight best for friendly air to air dog fight and chasing.  Equipped with modded 270 degree HXT 900 servo pan i could view my friends plane and chase them around the field all round my wings just like watching my allied wingmen at the end of my wing tip.  Attached are some fantastic snapshots how the view would looked like from FPV point of view.  I'll also be posting the recorded FPV video scene soon about  dog figting and combat formation at our local field.  This should be an exciting FPV experience.   Once again proud to be R/C pilot.  Everyday is an adventure up in the air.


No comments: