Saturday, May 15, 2010

My white road stallion

A month later i fell in love on my new found friend, she's fast and very elegant looking. Been riding mountain bike for 15 years now, its time to shift the pace to step my other foot fully on-road to utilized the advantage of speed and higer pedalling candence. So its time to get the ultimate road rage machine. Yes few weeks ago this white stallion took my heart away. A road bike with intermediate level groupsets, carbon fork and some "just enough" performance parts gave me wings on the road. I got totally hooked with this bike on its first day of flight pushing me extra 40% speed advantage over mountain bike plus its easy on the pedal too. The shifting and braking was a bit very awkward for me since my hand kinda twisty over the goatee handle bar since the finger muscle already adapt much for mountain bikes, so i have to get use to the pain reaching the foward vertical position brake lever and shifter. My mountain biking apparel also isn't suitable and ergonomics enough for road biking since all those compact posture and sitting position risk getting blister and drag so i have to dig in robin hood men in tights which is so un-MX like. 4 weeks later i've become the fastest man on the road. Constant 32km/h, 47km/h on sprinting, 65km/h on drafting and top speed at 95km/h when chasing behind huge drafter. Now i got two mad machines. I love it!

No comments: