Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Addiction to mechanical complexity

Every since i was born in a family whose uncle was very fond doing technical works like r/c model assembly, model kits or anything that is miniature, complex, functional and very hightech i was very amaze such skilled work could land him a perfect satisfactory product that could awe public viewer and thus bring satisfaction to a creator. He was very hardworking, plush out every ideas and alternative ways to get it done, once completed its mere happiness in his face after the products perform outstanding function beyond expectation. I was right there all my childhood year watching my uncle building models ranging from plastic assembly kits, electronics, mechanical, radio control models and any hobby grade material. Being expose to such environment i was very much indulge in tech stuff, i was proven to have such skill when i was as a kid in school up to university level. Join invention club, president of Hobby club in college, won several international concept designs at teenage days, mountain biking races, joined and establing 3d design community and got myself into r/c model hobby as my third hobby, For other people view it may looks waste of time but as for me and the community related these activity bring a new world of hidden knowledge, technical secrets and something that cannot be learn by watching people building a models or doing technical maintenance.
Through journey of my life all my hobbies that is mountain biking, 3d designs and r/c model hobby together are heavily related and helpfull in providing wealth of knowledge between them. For example: learning how to manipulate gearing ratio runs inside an r/c car really taught me how to use my mountain bike gear ration more efficiently and thus made my cycling more enjoyable. Even the way how i handle my bike through cornering give me undestanding of G-force effect on r/c car models. For 3d designs, mountain biking and r/c models helps provide knowledge about aerodynamic, wind drag, CG effect and weight distribution on car design mass. These input give mee good ideas design 3d model of car or any automotive object on my computer,
was it fate that lead me to have such wonderfull hobby to fill the void in my life? Yes i do enjoy it. Never in my life i felt boring having interesting stuff to do everyday. I must be a lucky person to be bless with activity which no other person could have time to commit for it. I will treasure every moments everyday.

No comments: