Wednesday, February 21, 2007

HEAVEN vs bike tube.

Today is Ash Wednesday, a day that i should go to church by 5.30pm (compulsory). But few hours earlier at 2.00pm i sneak out for mountain biking ride to nearby rocky trails and some downhills track under super bright cloudless blue sky and super hot sunny weather. Flew here, jump here and there. With all those fun i have I have funny feeling that i would missed my church attendance,lol. Few miles ahead i made a huge leap down from the top of the ridge and landed on two wheels with front tyre pinch flat at bright sunny afternoon at 4.00pm. I pulled out my spare tube which recycled from previous pinch flat with few patch of glue to fix the hole and stuff it back on the wheels while the broken tube put back into my bag. I pumped the tube and the tyre back to full air..yipeee!! Then a few rolls it punture again..so i pulled out the tube and checked...stupid little torn stab the tyre, pulled it out and throw away..repatched and pumped. A few roll and suddenly a hissss of air leaked out, pull out the tube again and checked...the old glue patch peeled, i renew the patch and slap a new glue patch...pumped the air again. So i roll the the tyre...it was full and ready to go. Few minutes and meters away rolling my tyre again flat to ground zero...again i pull out the tube and checked where the air leaked, this time its the opposite side of the tube area with on old previous patch peeled off again. So back to step 1 and pumped. A few roll...flat...pull out tube...patch..pumped.., A few roll...flat...pull out tube...patch..pumped..A few roll...flat...pull out tube...patch..pumped..A few roll...flat...pull out tube...patch..pumped..
Arrggghhh!!! its 4.45pm! Why this happen to me....this tube sucks! ...thinking back and look back up into the blue sky i smiled and say "If you can hear me LORD please make this tube works so i can get back riding back home and in time for Church....i'm going back for YOU".
This time i pumped and the tyre back to full air. Roll few meters and stop for few minutes to hear any air hissing for leak....nope. So i cycle way down the steep hills and through bumpy technical trails and off to home. Reached home at 5.00pm super fast. Put my bike into my room and took bath..then do this and that, took my car keys and...wait check my bike tyre....its flat! ..."thanks LORD, i think i got YOUR message loud and clear".. and so off to the church i go.

No comments: