Sunday, January 25, 2009

Childhood

Sunday in Limbang Church, breezy morning. Problem is my cold and feverish feeling started to bleak out into my brain, goo started to ooze from my nose but yet i remain 90% sane and capable. I couldn't stick much around in the church else i'll be spreading the cold to neary by neighbout so i decided to walkout for a fresh air outside and look around some interesting places. For me the outside compound wasn't much foreign to me. surrounding the church are old 70's blue woooden kindergarden schools, teachers quarters, primary schools and the old bridge crossing the big drain which by far most prominent landmarks stood permanent after 30 years.
Back then there was so much love and caring between me any my father, bond between father and son is strong. I was only 6 back then in this very place where i stand. I can still remember my father always be there watching over me outside the kindergarden classroom, feeding me during lunchtime, pick me up home on his old 60's vespa after school and by noon afterworks brrought us munchies to keep us happy everyday, During his spare times he always bring me out for a jog around behind the school and then would help me push the rocking chair at the playground with my sister everyweekend. There's not much material toys for us to shower for but we are much happier that our father always keep us happy and protect us as we always hold hands where ever we go. My life as kid was full of happiness, no despair yet fail to see who's behind all these possibilities, only after 23 years i'm back at the same place touching the same soil flash back the memories seeing mirage of an adult holding hands with a child on the children playground distance from where i stood...i realised its was all my fathers endless love and support.

No comments: