Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wow! dude dying for an ipad?

I guess you heard some recent news about a boy from china trade a kidney for latest I-pad and another girl selling viginity for luxury gadgets and I-phone just to keep up with trendy society.

Links to the news:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/06/02/boy-17-sells-kidney-to-buy-ipad-2-in-china/

http://asiancorrespondent.com/58077/chinese-teen-offers-virginity-in-exchange-for-iphone-4/

Shame to hear these people nowadays especially young generation falling for material gain rather than keeping their flesh and soul intact just because someone owns something to keep up the "high status" quo. Get I-phone and I-pad just to access internet? I'd rather stick to good old notebook cause its faster, easy to use and less hassle. Anyway i hardly going on mobile gadgets never used anything to view nor type on such small screen..so unpracticle. Also have never been interestd in "oh that guy has cool stuff, i must have one too!!" part of society that live based on materialistic status because its not part a must have survival kit. But foods are must!!


Having graduated as an Information Technology Bac. Degree holder i still keep my way of life as an old skool back to simplicity life to interface with the world and people rather heavily influenced by rapid technology around me. I just walk around with cheap small 7 year old phone in my pocket and it does enough daily job done. Technology necessary if it solve problem not adding problem to the solution. Would you eat a burger with fork and spoon?, when you can actually use your hand to hold it and put the burger it into your mouth. Like i-phone and i-pad to a spoon and fork its completely unnecessary. Unecessary gadgets are pretty much marketting hype to get more profit.


I don't have I-phone or I-pad but i don't think i really need it even if i could afford it, after much thoughts about paying internet broadband cost, frequent charging, bulky pockets and too fragile to carry around on my outdoor adventure mission i think i doesn't benefit me at all. I'd save my money good good happy meal, nice warm clothing, R/C models to keep me thrilling and bicycle maintenance cost to keep my adventurous journey going.

No comments: