Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ride under blue sky

For two continuous week our local weather remains sunny and hot. All dry and blue sky. Good news for me but bad news for others. All pack up, bike in my sedan and i'm leaving for the trails to meet up with other mountain bikers to hit the trails that was located 5 minutes drive before Lambir National Park. As usual before ride i got my chance to view some new blings on our buddies rides, IBIS carbon bikes, FUJI carbon and SHIMANO SAINT which hardly seen at local shop. Cool.
We hit the trails at 3.30pm going up and down the hills i mean way up and way down. The surface was all hard rock and slippery so i had to keep my butt on the saddle to keep the grip down. The trail dust looks beautiful as it smokes some tails as we weave down the wide dry trails under the blue sky. We move from high hill down into fields of swampy plantation and again going up through toughest rocky trails like having 3x gravity on our feet. Some doesn't make it though but lucky me i already fuel up my body with dozen of bananas, high sugar carbonate drinks and few plates of meats in the morning...hehehee..
At the end of the ride i realised my brake lever losing its pivot king pin which holds the brake lever in its place. Damns that was the 2nd time i lose the pin. The rocky trails must have cause my bike to vibrate too much and it flew off the coop. Well time to get back and order custom parts for it. However my Sunday was well spent having back with buddies and burn back some calories so i can eat like a king again before next ride..hahahar.

No comments: