Tuesday, December 12, 2006

CPU + GPU processing killer 3d models.

It was a boring day in the office, my area of work seem to be unchallenging… All I do is do the repeated task and trouble shooting on computer hardware and administrative task over and over again. I hate repeated task it doesn't make my brain function well. When I look back at my Degree in Computer Science certificate I don’t think it worth to be in such crap position. I’m losing my C++, VB, PHP and MYSQL programming skill as days pass by. But good thing the current post provide a very loose work hours for me to work on other stuff. Too avoid being brain dead on my own desk I need to grease up my mind. Since I got few minutes of free slot between work I manage to work out and pull out ideas for “SIXTY-7” new cockpit....now that what i called progress and mind building activity. After long thinking its been decided SITXY-7 should have higher polycount models exceed today PC game’s 3d models standard and jump into PS3 style high detailed cockpit models. 4x4 EVOLUTION game engine and DirectX-8 based render provide a better platform to support high amount of complex 3d model object in one group. So better take advantage over its feature and push the computer processing power to the limit. Few parts of models especially on the cockpit models been made, it a right hand drive steering models. Very high poly on the dashboard alone. It is estimated that “SIXTY-7” have massive polycount on the cockpit model alone equal to the overall amount of polycount of NEMIXIS complete car model. The engine itself, chassis, suspension system and other small detailed miscellaneous parts will take a heavy rendering power. This is estimated value of it polygon count for “SIXTY-7” periodly:

PROJECT: SIXTY-7
estimated total of polygon
from complete car models-
----------------------------
FACE: 369324
VERTICE : 362720
----------------------------

Remember this is the minimal value. Some 3d structure in SIXTY-7 models have not been completed and expect the value to increase soon. This is the most heaviest polycount 3d models ever built for racing game simulation periodly! Its a CPU + GPU cycle sucker!

No comments: