Monday, August 21, 2006

Show some respect, not cheap labour.

I was offered to help my friend to fix his broken server and reinstall back all the ASP functionality, scripting function and redesign the web interface again at special pay rate. My expectation to receive around few hundred. But at the end of the day he try pull things off with a small price to pay for such profitable rate of return website when the setup is completed. Doubt with my friend offer i decided to stall the work to see how much desperate he wants his web server to run. A week later i asked how much he would expect to pay me for such server setup services, He said: "USD$35 to get the server runing back and ASP interface funtional for e-Business based website" ...so I purposely said, "Nah i don't have time for that job". so i bla, bla and bla..actually i hate when people pay such small amount for the expertise a person gain and experience to provide services on such task. Looking down at person's working skills and experience is a bad move, anyone who do that to me really going to get it in the face. So i walk off and leave the web service behind..see if he can fix it himself. Show some respect to skilled worker.

No comments: