Monday, February 25, 2008

40000 rpm motors for my mini-z rc


Well today i didn't work much on my 3d models or any design. Mostly today i spent much of my time at town with my buddy looking for mini-z radio control upgrades. Planned just for windows shopping survey for parts before planing my initial budget next week but there were limited pack of motor for upgrade at "Toys World". At first i was aiming for TAMIYA PLASMA motor which rev around 2900 rpm or decent TAMIYA TORQUE TUNED motor which is the best so far but another motor above the shelf hit 40000 rpm!!! left two packs so i grab the last two boxes, paid in cash and heads home happily! why? because those motors are rare to find especially around this city as we've search up and downs every corner of the shop looking for ultimate parts for r/c upgrades.

At home upon inspection it was highly tuned motors using carbon brushing and fully bearings shaft! Online manual for mini-z upgrade won't allowed these hi-rev motor as it could fried my ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) without FETs chip upgrades unless i installed external Turbo device. The only option i should put this motor on is to installed on cheap R/C such as my Auldey monster or that Race-Tin Gen 3 can. I'm not going to put my hundreds dollars of I-WAVER R/C cooked. Hope fully next week mod we could see this motor hit around 80-89KM/H. And fried PCB board. I hope i can post it in youtube.com soon.

No comments: