Sunday, September 03, 2006

No Fear!

Last evening me and group of mountain biker went up to the top of 'Canada Hill' in MIRI city scouting for downhill trails and create some long trails for us to explore and use it as a place for us to ride every weekend. We brought some grass and plants clearing tools and shovel to create path for our mountain biking downhilling trails.
As for me i found new spot for me to enjoy and test my guts and fear against 60 degree killer 600 meters longest starcase in MIRI city and also no doubt in Borneo. It was hidden away from public view by crowded wooden house villages and local native settlement way up on the hills. I went down at steep decent through the longest white narrow staircase. Few local kids and old people was startled and mazed with our activity and started to gather some crowds. I manage to clear the area and successfull went down to the last foor of staircase drop on the ground level with no accident. My friend on the other hand crashed badly head first, tore his bike paintjobs and some bruises on his chest because he didn't manage to do left sharp turn at narrow 65 degrees stairs drop. He then decided to walk back up the stairs and phone me through cellphone that he would meet me back to the next downhill point where few mountain bikers will be there to test new downhill track new the PETRONAS MUSEUM at top hills.
I agree and cycle back to that area where i have to cycle way up again. 35 minutes later i rejoin with them and in the background crowd gather and cheers as one of our mountain biker buddy Mr. William manage to jump and slide down the steep suicidal downhill nearly steep angle at 80 degree with 'S' bend at peak drop point. He manage to dive down as smooth as butter. Not many people wanted to do the steep downhill dive so i gave my best suicidal shot on my bike. At first 2 try i skid at the peak and almost crash hit the rock near the curve. Over the curve is deep ravine of no return. Crash there and there's no tomorrow. It was getting dark at 7.00pm. Everyone waiting to next competitors to beat Williams record.
So i lowered my seat, everyone saw i'm ready to make the third attempt to dive in at steep downfill point. I knock my pedals to clear off some dust, clip on and keep on pedal downwards...
At 'S' turn i say my prayer and quickly move my body way behind my saddle. My front wheels drop down damn fast at damn steep angle. Quickly i lock the rear break and make an INITIAL-D drift turn so that the rear wheels navigate the body into a straight line position where i can drop straight down and clear off the path while the speed on my bike maintain at safe level. Then as fast as lightning i duck down and leap above bumpy rocky hills downwards and yes.... i manage to clear the hills with no freak accident. People like cheering and stunned. hhaa..haaa.. yeah. I faced my fear now. Other just like, "what tha"... and wish the could do the same stuff i did but risk getting major accident at drop point.
I push my bike back up the hills again. It was dusty trails. My whole body covered with white powdery dusts from dry soils. My bike all white but looks dirt rugged..cool!. Up there i went over to the cooler box, pop-up some two ice canned "100 plus isotonic" drinks, look back behind me into the city backdrop down the hills behind the thick dense forest in between and said "Damn that was really a sick ride....but one mighty happy day today!"

No comments: