Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Try to grab cool offer on PCI-e system.


Well this morning I called my friend who previously offered to sell his AMD + PCI-e system to me at cheaper price. He was planning to replace his system with Intel Duo Core PC or new AMD AM2. He always keep his system updated to current trend just to keep the game and multimedia at peak and quality satisfactory performance. He got Geforce 7900GT in his hands, which make me, drool and awe in astonishment. Here are the lists of parts he try to sell
CPU: AMD 3000+ 64
Motherboard: ABIT K8N Ultra socket 939 on Nforce 4 with PCI-e with

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/sa/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=KN8+Ultra-SOTES&fMTYPE=Socket%20939

Graphic Card: ALBATRON Geforce 6600 GT

http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/vga/specification.asp?pro_id=121#

Total price: USD $205 and below.
I was like doubt and confuse if I should go for it because overall the performance compare to my old AMD system on Geforce 6800GT fell below the my standard performance and test. This spec is just sufficient enough to make stationary unanimated quality rendering. My major concern is how good can it render a ‘running’ vehicle models on 4x4evo2 with settings at shown below:
Anti-aliasing: 8x
Anisotropic: 4x
DirectX: TNL DX8
Resolution: 1024x768
Frame Rate Per-sec (FPS): >> 55fps limit <<

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=540&model2=545&chart=197


However other parts such as Memory modules hardisks, case and other PC parts will be used from my previous good old COOLER MASTER PRAETORIAN case. Right now he still on halt whether he should sell it immediately or wait for AMD AM2 system before he could release his current system which is the one he’s going to sell off. I hope he do it fast because somewhere by November 2006 I should ready to release a new 4x4 SUV designs with quality rendering, presentation and driving performance for 4x4 EVO 2 add-on customs.

No comments: