Friday, September 01, 2006

Office: Going down, going up and round and round we go...in the office.


If i'm not mistaken if i start working in the office from 8.00am to 5.00pm i must have been walking around the office at length of 45Km overall per-day alone. Almost daily from Monday to Friday.
I felt like an office boy instead of IT personnel. In a day i just spent 3 hours behind my PC desk and the rest hours walking around doing IT support and services to noobish user. When i arrive at my desk more paper work coming in, phone calls, account admin, e-mail, remote desktop support, some customer crapping some some BS, wiring, network troubleshooting, anything from A to Z..yeah you name it.
Today i almost lost balance on my body, some office staff tell me if i got sick or something because i had a pale face, i almost collapse and began dizzy, i got almost sudden blackout vision at around 2.00pm. My body can't hold on such pressure. I even took heavy breakfast and moderate lunch before that...should have full blown enery till night time...but doesn't work at all.
Whenever i get back to the desk, sit down and look behind me i can see my office colleague within the same MIS/IT department sleeping, relaxing, chatting laughing, surf the net and some play dumb. WTF.. are these guy working or something? How come they have so much free time? Big pay and relaxing? What the hell. If i were in there shoes i would slot those free time with self learning skills on stuff like LINUX and learn how to built my own server on RED HAT. Unlucky for me its hard to dig just a few minutes to take time learning those stuff. My boss previously promised me to put me into LINUX administration position. Few months later he dump me into web design work in the future after meeting i heard from my colleague. This is distrust to employee.
All the employees in the companies under the same building notice that the rest of the staff MIS department have been slacking around and over use the resources because they only saw me running around helping people around the building and outside realtime. Good thing my relationship with outside department so call inter company relationship become more closer and friendlier. My public relation with workers are good especially with bosses and other higher management people. I can see some potential showing up. I felt so happy and plus with tears of joy when i knew some people really care what i have been through and gave support and cheer to me to continue keep up the good work. And yes i did, before i get back home i never left any job undone. Everything must be completed on time.

No comments: