Friday, November 17, 2006

Broken hearted client, when man cheat woman.

I had an urgent call from a female requesting for data recovery services from hand held devices, upon meeting the client she pull out a handphone a Nokia symbian 60 series with 4 megabyte of internal memory and 128 MB SD card. She says “ Can you retrieve SMS messages that was deleted on the phone?” . So I said “I can try but my recovery services aint’t cheap”. I checked the phone menu and SMS setting, I was lucky to discovered that the phone SMS data was stored remotely on SD card rather than internal memory because it uses SMS file manager *.SIS software to redirect SMS data to bigger storage on SD card. I borrowed my friends OXYGEN PHONE MANAGER which uses forensic feature and some hex tools to salvage pieces of deleted SMS data and some files and recover it back to its original state by dumping on my portable computer. Certain partition/section on SD memory card stored visually deleted file but actually its not totally deleted completely because when the phone system delete it only remove the file physical existence flag and rename it as null value which indicate the file no longer used and marked as delete aka empty flag/tag. The recovery process takes only 1 hours. At the end of the task I manage to retrieve around 167 SMS messages plus pictures! I didn’t manage to read and took a glimpse on the CMOS camera based snapshots but I quickly handed over to the girl, I don’t want to know the stuff inside..i’d rather stay ethical and keep it confidential when confronting sensitive data. A few minutes she looked on the SMS text data and some picture on the portable computer screen suddenly she broke into tears. Oh well here’s go again…it must be relationship problem as I expected. She was pale, sober and tearfully dreaded…she murmured “How could he!......cheat me!” I just keep quite and pack my cables and computer and write down services receipt to the client but I’ll have to wait until she calm down. 5 minutes later she came back sane and normal. “You alright?, ok?”. She said “I’m fine, so how much will it be?”. So I charge her a hundred for the data recovery services, receive the payment and gave her the receipt and said “ A re sure you all right? , is this somebody special handphone? What you’re going to do now”. At calm voice while wiping her tears off she says “ I’m fine, don’t worry…things happens and I have to face it. My boyfriend cheated me, I’ll just have to go through normal life…Thanks for recovering those SMS text file”. After that I left the building and head back home. Looking back on my rear view mirror inside the car I see she got nice beautiful big car, a house and a good job. Luxury life eh? To bad her boy friend is a double faced devil. I notice from the phone I diagnose there was this logo from an Engineering company which sums up that his boyfriend was an engineered or some sort of…my assumption. This is not the first time I encounter client who have been cheated on their relationship. I can say I’ve met around 17 people requesting services to retrieve information and data from their love ones digital devices and computers under name of distrust. A good business for data retrieval for me but looks bad when you see their face turn into sour sad and broken hearted when they know their love ones turn back on them based on digital evidence. Sheeesssshhh!! …..nowadays its very hard to tell if girl and boy, men and women is either good or bad or either one have honest love or hearts for a person he or she really love. My conclusion is there no such thing as genuine love unless both truly one in heart, in the modern world male and female tends to be choosy, judge people from their appearance, status, rank and social advantages rather than individual quality right from their own hearts and souls. The trend of dumping boy friend and girlfriend is becoming normal trends and non taboos. The tendency for male to dump their girlfriend is 70% because they have much wider choice to choose living spouse and control of their live and their value increased as they aged. Female how ever have 25% tendency to dump their boyfriend and have little choices as they aged. I concluded that relationship based on physical judgment will never secure happiness and long lasting love. What really matters is the inner hearts and feelings. Thank god I’m just a lamp post witnessing how two relationship works day to day. For me it’s a good lesson to choose a girlfriend properly.

No comments: