Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cheapo Hardisk to the rescue.


At last another hardisk for the month of June! This adds to hardisk number 8th that will be stack with another 7 mechanical block under my PC hood. Just now bought this hardisk from my office buddy for half price under 2nd hand status: 80GB HITACHI DESKSTAR, 7200 RPM ATA/IDE hardisk. Suitable to backup most vital work and material used for my modeling development. Storage backup have always been my highest priority ever since i was hit by data losses disaster few years ago....always reminds myself MAXTOR hdd sukz!.
Since early this year January till now my development file have double up to almost more than 80GB and expected to jump up to 140 by end of the year. Most of the files that tooks more space are Corel *.CPT texture files that usually takes max 540MB per files. One models usually have 34 sets of CPT files and each doesn't really fit into any typical CD or DVD disc. Not worth burning backups into DVD unless its a final products.

No comments: