Sunday, October 08, 2006

12 years, i love cycling.

Ha! ha! its Sunday again. As usual its about me and my bike together get away from urban concrete and dive into dense green mother nature. I love cycling. I've been mountain biking for more than 12 years, travel thousands of kilometers, discover beautiful places, people, culture, civilization, dangerous adventure and won lots of medal in mountain biking racing, yeah! Mountain biking is already part of my life, can't live without it. It gives total freedom to go everywhere i wish to be and get me there and show the world how big it is and how beautiful the place we live in and the people along the way. Its the best way to seek the truth about the living and fantasy places that was once we admire on magazine cover vacation spot and explore the diverse culture and country around the globe. I'm glad to be born to love cycling, it made me dare to explore unknown world, fear nothing, fear no pain, be strong, independant, mental power and test the limit of human body. With all the medals i gain from mountain bike racing both national and international i guess i pushes my limit to the max. Felt happy when all my competitors eat dust but at the end of the racing event its all about enjoying the sports and friendship. Sometimes i forgot about winning and stay within the crowd for a good laugh and sharing experience. As for my body, i always involve in brutal accident, crash and serious injury, scars everywhere around my body and sometimes i manage to see my own bones beneath the flesh as result of serious flesh cut and wounds....any did i felt bad?, nope i'm damn super proud! yeah. For mountain biker these freak event is something noble and proud to have some punishment over my body. Sometimes when i look at old cuts wound and sticthes on my body it always serve me as a history book and sweet memories of cycling. Well there positive side torturing my body through heavy accidents, crash, wounds and cuts, it made me tougher and skin become thicker like armour...ha! ha! you won't get that simply through normal workout or gym. Everytime i ride in a week i always loose weight about 5 kg in a week. So on Saturday and Sunday night i always eat like a king as if there no tomorrow, yup! high carbohidrate, sugar and more meat..i love my life, diet sucks!. Sometimes i hate driving my car, especially when i are cruising at the speed of a bicycle on the road to my destination, no enjoyment and nothing but depression behind the car steering wheel.
I always wanted some cold breezy gush of wind hitting my face, touch the blue sky and cycle along golden green grass and beautiful backdrop of mountain and ocean beside me. I learn the most important thing in cycling: "You don't see the world by just reading some books, its better to go out there and experience the real world on your own". So i did and i never regret it.

No comments: