Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The hungry brain. Common symptom among brainy people.

Ever wonder why most people who think a lot and come up with ideas or stratergy are fat people? Not to discriminate them but its the fact that i experinced it on my own. When we use our brain to the max like keep on using our brain working our solution, ideas and stuff that keep our brain under pressure like me for continuous hours we will definetly experienced tiredness and our stomach will growl in hungryness. So all our energy and food stored in our body directly consume by our brain. I realised that our muscle only consume 30% of our body energy compare to our brain which suck up 70% when we use our brain to stress level.
That's why when people are stressed up and their mind keep worrying and thinking a lot of stuff these people will keep on grabbing some food, sweet drinks and even ciggarettes into their bodies to calm their emotion and brain, long term they will have higher chances of getting fat and overweight body. Thus these people seldom exercise or just only do light workout which doesn't do good to improve their health. Businessman, politician, administrative worker, office dweller and urban worker behind the clerical desk are the typical people who suffer these symptoms. Wanna proof? Just select any random company and see how many these fat collecters you can find in the buildings. I bet you'll get 79% out of 100.
My sister who work in the hospital witness these type of people coming in and out of the hospital having diabetes, arthritis, high blood sugar, stroke, heart attack and the most shocking of all they are as young as 26 years olds. I was there to hang around waiting to pick my sister up from work. Her job checking and diagnose sample of blood and other specimens from sick people, yeah! big pay i guess. When in look at those typical patient it reminds me: "That what you get when everyone work to hard for money and forget about what life is about". Oh i forgot, another person in his 24 years old have to go visit the hospital every 2 week to get his anus/annal screwed by a machine and suck all those bad chemical out from his body (KIMO Theraphy).
Back in year 2004, i concentrating too hard on my daily career in the office during the day and working out my 3d models project and some gaming contract. For almost 6 to 11 month i hardly done any excercise or cycling, my bike and cycling gear covered with dust and spider web. I was thinking too much of making some money and getting status for myself. My brain stressed out, tired and eat a lot of junks to calm my mind. The blood into my brain pumped a lot as i keep thinking and worrying a lot of stuff like what to do in the office work (MIS Dept) and thinking new ideas and due date project for my 3d models. The blood need to supply food into my brain as my brain worked hard 24 hours and contactly feed my mouth with food else my stomach keep on growling, sometimes my nose bleed. Strangely in the past when i did a cycling expedition for 450km a day, i didn't consume solid food along the ride, i just took 6 can of COCA-COLA to power me and that enough to keep my leg muscle going for 20 hours....i repeat 6x COLA to power me 20 hours on the road, but when i use my brain it took a whole table of food to feed my hungry brain in minutes. It happens only when i have to many project to handle and think about. Within just 7 months i gain from normal healthy man 55kg to overweight 79kg few year back. My gosh, plumpy and fat, those blubbly flesh pour out from my pants and when i sleep i felt so hot and my neck felt i had a big flubby rubber tied between my neck. My clothing size increase by 5 unit, heartbeat increased and sleeping time doubled and also sweaty. Those days was a nightmare, my bad i didn't join my friend back into mountain bike racing and several cycling activities in 2004, so i remain in like big bear in hibernation mode, must be lazy again.
In year 2005, i've completed my contract and project and moved to MIRI city with a job. It was a beautiful place near the seaside, my mountain biking team in KUCHING city propose me to join a group of mountain biker in MIRI city, from there i joined them upgrade my bike and my life return to healthy normal life just like my old muscular days. ho! ho!.. Others than that i still doing some gaming and 3d works with full internet access on broadband services, that was a plus. My life was good, work and physical activity well balances 50/50. I 'm getting slim, drop to 63kg, i got my six pack stomach back and get my skin tanned again with all natural vitamin D sunlight. I feel alive and strong. Anyways i still have a bad habit having 3 plates of king size dinner at night, good thing my active metabolic body burn them down overnight and also thanks to daily mountain biking activities.
It made me realise how fragile our live is if we keep on working chasing some money without putting few slot of time aside for physical activities and some outdoor life. My grandma who always do some daily gardening, farming and doing heavy house chores now live nearly 100 years old but now counting days. However some successful people strap in cash struggling their live on the hospital bed on their 56 years old with lots of diseases which no mean of cure can save them. Every time i step into the hospital and witness these scene i would shake my heads in shame. "Wealth won't save your soul". So remember "Prevention is better than cure".

No comments: