Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mountain biking, yeah!.

Wednesday 5.02pm, i press the car accelerator and push my way as fast as i can to get me back home quickly. Reached home 7 minutes later. Change my clothing to some rugged apparel, strap on SPD clipless shoes, gloves, helmets, Nokia Ngage, Sony Walkman, helmets and finally my best friend FASTRAX (my bike). By 5.30pm i'm on my way... first stop 40 meter stairs drop...zooomm!!, then bunny hop my way nearby some ditches..whamm!!, reaches small bushy trails, cross the path to the cemented public sidewalk and on my way for 50KM trips around my hometown MIRI. The blue sky almost engulf by orange violet fantasy dusk, wind blew over my body, my feet was like walking on floating clouds, my hand steer the way while eyes enjoy the beautiful sights and scene that can't be enjoyed inside enclosed car. Cruising at constant 35-45km/h my adrenalin start beating, my opponent are cars, trucks and bad ass motorist, i moved into dangerous road and draft behind big cars like "Need For Speed UG" wannabe. Experience zero drag and gave a maximum pedaling power pushing the bike max 67.8km/h. The lady driver of TOYOTA WISH was not in the mood to be chased and draft behind her MPV. So she hit the gas at 70km/h leaving me eating smokes, so i shift another lane and caught a cargo truck speeding at 58km/h...haahaaa!! an opportunity! So i pedal all the way for next 15km trip towards Brunei borders along the beach highway, all the way i got tonnes of some hany hard hitting music to keep me pumped on the road. 6.30pm i turn around and head back another few kilos to the highest hill in MIRI town (Canada hill). Few minutes later i'm in the mid of getting up there, pedalling them hard, shift gear to mid chain ring and at rear sprocket no 5, grinding hard..good thing the TEFLON coated lube from WHITE LIGHTING did a good job for smooth shifting operation. Heat pumping at 134 beats per/sec and few minutes later i'm at the top of Canada Hill, i cool my self with easy spin to relax my feet from acid lactic gathering around my muscles. Then i jump to the nearby path leading to some bushes, the hills packed with savana like grass just like the one you saw in africa with only few leafless tree after gushed by the wind. An eagle way up high looking down at me sqeeeling and guarding me from below. The could be snakes around these place so i have to be cautions. The trails going back downwards to sea level is very narrow, bumpy and bushy, good braking control is a factor. My rear XT discbarke didn't work well because i haven't replace RM $60 worth brake pad yet. So i just made a sign of cross and pray may luck upon me when doing high speed dive on bumpy downhills. I ram down through the narrow bushy path finding my way to another remote rocky trails decending down at 45 degree downhill drop fast and made sharp switchbacks..speww some dust. My MANITOU front suspension really eat some bumps! I went down the steep cliff...creak! crack, crock!, streetchh!!, ..then leap over a small ledge and found my way back to the main civilized road and head towards a very rocky hilly park towards airport road via road side. So i manage to catch up one of the passing big 4 wheeler and draft my way at 48Km/h effortless pedals. A car behind me NISSAN SENTRA honked me as if if i'm slowing him down and blocked his way..but i don't give a damn...so i speed up passing the truck around and drafting behind another moving bus. Going up, i can see the beaches with sparkling golden ocean on my right view as if God pour the ocean with rich golden liquid jewelery. The backdrop was beautiful! Fantasy orange violet two tonne color melt your heart as if heaven gave its last beautiful day to human on earth. 6 minutes later i reached the hill and cycle up on slippery rocky path way up to enjoy the top view of the whole city where its the only place to experience max wind breeze from the ocean. I climb down my bike, sit on dusty rock facing the sea and enjoy the sights and unparallel beauty of sunset. Sweats runs down my cheek quickly cold and evaporate. I switch my Mp3 album, play me some soft tune from beautiful anime sountrack. I feel light, trouble free, freedom, enjoy and troubled free from everyday civilised life of human greed for luxury. Here i am with god and nature. Sometimes when i'm up there i can feel he's looking at me wondering as i lift my hand up in the air reaching for the beautiful sky. At 7.00pm stars started to emerged behind violet pinky sky. Its time to go home. Small birds and swallow flying pass me returning home, i should too.

No comments: