Thursday, July 06, 2006

My portable computer aka laptop..


Yesterday i was in the storage room where i kept my old personal stuff last year. I was looking for my hardisk where i store my customer requested truck models that was built last february ago and expected to sell it of by this week. Behind those dusty boxes i found this old Pentium P4 motherboard ASROCK branded with 256 RAM, Intergrated SIS graphics and LAN. It was originally belong to my sister but now she use my old AMD system for playing game. Lucky me i could use it as my mobile desktop since i couldn't afford a decent laptop. So today i just got my salary and spent half of it buying cables, atx power supply, mini size keyboard which everthing can fit inside 15" travelling back. Good thing i have LCD that could put this system as portable. This may sounds funny for everyone who treat it as DIY mobile PC wannabe but it does a good job finishing some jobs like spreadsheet, internet access and also run just on on 3d tools like Z-modeler. Junky system but usefull.

No comments: