Thursday, July 27, 2006

Speed is life.


Despite having a dull day thinking of losing the most valuable part of my computer, so i decided to go out maintain biking around the city just to relief my stress and tension. At the end of the rides i felt tremendously happy when i reach home with good news. It happens that on my way cycling back home i manage to caught glimpse of speeding lorry carrying rock pebbles to a distant which travel inside and outskirt of the city through 30KM journey distance. I pedal as fast as i can chasing behind the lorry and manage to draft behind it, the rear lorry produce a draft vacuum and low wind resistant so the distant between my face and the butt of the lorry is just 20cm apart as i pace behind the fast moving lorry as i get sucked by the effect...the lorry also helps me to break the wind resistant. The lorry cruising at the speed of almost 68-75km/h and the vacuum effect behind the lorry suck me in dangerously closer and force me to pedal like mad man been chase by monster.....pedaling effect is lighter but force to move my leg to pedal faster. I was think my pedalling stroke is much faster than F1 pneumatic piston. I pedal and grab my handle bar for my dear life, i couldn't let myself pull away from the back of speeding lorry travel at such speed because if i move aside the wind resistant coming from the front beside the lorry will hammer/blow me at sudden stop causing me to go way out of control and crash. So i just force my body to keep on pedaling like some dude on steroid. The speed is staggering on flat road and keep on pedaling for continously fo next 30km distance straight down the straight and twisted road and didn't even drop below 64km/h. Few minutes later, suddently the truck brake red light lits then came to a slow halt, i press my hydraulic brake and slow the bike down behind the lorry and made a slow turning beside the vehicle marking my end of chasing the lorry. So both of us split into different road. I pedal at slow pace move about 50 meters towards the bus stop, parked beside the bench, lying down lifelessly and made a big hufff and puff to grab hold of my breath and relax down my heart rate. My legs is like ouch!.....Looking over my handle bar is a mini cyclo computer which indicate a recorded speed and distance: DST: 32.1KM AVG SPD: 75KM/H MAX SPD: 84KM/H......man this is sick!. 30 minutes later I get back on my feet and continue proceed to the Miri City Fan Park and enjoy the sight and breezy wind that pass through the open area. Looking at the dusky sky….i feel relief, enjoyed and glad with my happy days on two wheels.
...mountain biking rocks!

No comments: